2023 Stephenson Co Fair TOUGH TRUCK CHALLENGE RULES
- The competition is open to any 4, 6, or 8 cylinder car, truck, van or SUV, and both stock and modified side by sides.
- ONE CLASS ONLY for Cars/Trucks/Vans/SUVS/Jeeps. Classes for side by sides will be standard suspension/work utility style and Race/upgraded suspension style. Final class placement of entry will be up to Officials.
- Any vehicle that enters the competition must pass a basic safety inspection, which includes all gas tanks and checking that batteries are secure. Air bags must be disconnected or removed. Hood and driver’s door must be secured with chain or cable. Cars/Trucks/Suvs please remove as much easily breakable plastic as possible ie headlights, taillights, turn signals, trim, etc. Rodeo setting up following the race and need it to be safe for their crew and livestock. Help cleaning track appreciated after!
- All vehicles must have working brakes. Vehicle must have a working seatbelt which the driver must wear at all times while the vehicle is in motion.
- All drivers must wear a DOT approved helmet and neck support at all times while in competition.
- Roll Bar/Roll Cage is highly suggested, but not required for any hard top vehicle. Any soft top or open top vehicle must have an approved roll bar/roll cage.
- IDLE SPEED IS MANDATORY AT ALL NON-COMPETITION TIMES, this includes any time in the pit area, entering, and leaving the track. You must come to a complete stop after each run and follow the directions of the officials. No moving vehicles unless approved by an official. Any “hot rodding” will not be allowed and is grounds for immediate disqualification.
- All decisions made by the officials are FINAL! Any arguing with officials WILL result in disqualification, forfeiture of all entries and fees, and removal from Fair grounds.
- While this is a competition, we are there to entertain the spectators. The race course will be a dirt course with a small to medium dirt jumps, mud pit, etc. 1 vehicle at a time racing against the clock.
- All vehicles must be signed up by 6pm, Friday, July 27, 2023, in the Pit Office located on the North side of the track. An Entry Fee of $25.00 will be required, this includes a pit pass for the driver. All drivers must sign the waiver and must be over 18 years old. You must have a valid driver’s license to compete. EARLY entries recommended: Online StephensonCountyFair.org or in the Fair Office. Entries DAY OF, may be made starting at NOON July 27, in the Pit Office. Pit passes will be distributed at the Driver’s Meeting before the event after signing the safety waiver.
- ONE designated race assistant allowed per Driver. Assistant pit pass is $15 and ONLY available in the Pit Office Day of the event. No assistant passes will be sold in the Fair Office Prior to the event. Assistant MUST attend Drivers Meeting and sign safety waiver.
- ALL other friends and family MUST either stay out of the track/hot pit area or watch from the Grandstands. The Grandstands are FREE for this event
- Drivers and Assistants Meeting at 7PM in the Pit Office All drivers and their ONE designated assistant must be present at Drivers Meeting to Race or be in the hot pit area during the event. Competition order will be announced during meeting and numbers distributed to display in front window for Line-Up Official.
- CASH prizes of $100, $75, $50 to the top 3 in Each Class will be awarded as prize money. If we have OVER 15 entries per class CASH prizes will be $150, $100, $75, $50, $25 FAN FAVORITE in each class will receive $75
- The Stephenson County Fair Association, its track personnel and officials are not responsible for any damages to the vehicles.
- Limited to 1st 25 Entries in each class description!
- Questions about rules, entries, or to sponsor the event contact
Kimberly Meier Stephenson Co Fair Vice-President and Entertainment Chair.
815-275-0743 (text preferred) or [email protected]
or Message on FB Messenger Kimberly L Meier