JUNIOR OPEN & OPEN DEPARTMENTS
Susie Dvorak 815-291-0523 & Carla Meyer 815-353-9655
ENTRY FEE: $0.50/entry ALL Jr Open entries will have no entry fee
- 1. Entries in this department must be received in the Fair Office (NOT postmarked) by 4 pm on July 15.
- 2. The Home Economics Departments are open to anyone who resides in Stephenson, Carroll, Ogle, Winnebago, Jo Daviess, Green and Lafayette counties.
- 3. All articles must be the work of the exhibitor, entered in his/her name and be a product of the current fair year. Items will be removed from judging if suspected of not being your creation.
- 4. All exhibitors, regardless of age, must purchase an exhibitors ticket for $15, payable with the entry fee(s). NO ADDITIONAL
EXHIBITOR TICKETS MAY BE PURCHASED FOR HELPERS.
- 5. All entries must be made online (go to www.stephensoncountyfair.org for the link) or on the Non-Livestock Entry Form in the fair book. You may photocopy the original form if you need more copies.
- 6. ALL ENTRIES, REGARDLESS OF DEPARTMENT, SHOULD BE MADE ON ONE (1) ENTRY FORM PER EXHIBITOR.
- 7. ONLY ONE (1) ENTRY PER EXHIBITOR IN A CLASS NUMBER IS ALLOWED.
- 8. The Superintendents have the authority to reject any article that is not clean, in good condition or found ineligible to be
deserving of an award.
- 9. Entries must be brought to the Fairgrounds on Monday, July 25 from 4 to 6 pm (NON-perishable items ONLY) and Tuesday, July 26 from 7 to 9 am, except Department O; Section II (please see page 114 for times). ALL Department P (Junior Open) – Baked Goods must be brought on Tuesday, July 26, from 7 to 9 am
- 10. Interpretation of the rules and regulations is the responsibility of the Fair Superintendents. Their decisions will be final.
- 11. THE BUILDING WILL BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC DURING JUDGING ON TUESDAY, JULY 26. BUILDING WILL NOT OPEN THAT DAY UNTIL JUDGING IS COMPLETE.
- 12. Care and precaution will be taken to alleviate loss of exhibits and/or damage; however, if such an occurrence takes place, the Stephenson County Fair Association will not be held responsible.
- 13. No exhibits will be released till Sunday, July 31 from 12 to 2 pm. The Fair Association will not be responsible for exhibits left after 2 pm on Sunday.
- 14. Special Awards will be presented at the judge’s discretion.
HOME ECONOMICS BUILDING HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday, July 25, 4 to 6 pm and Tuesday, July 26, 7 – 9 am – Open to drop off exhibits ONLY!
Tuesday, July 26 – Open after judging is complete, closing at 9pm
Wednesday, July 27 – Saturday, July 30 – Open 11 am to 9 pm